Friday, July 12, 2013
Fabulous Friday FOOD!
We know many of you you stay uber-busy with home improvement projects (thanks, HGTV and Pinterest), kids' sports and every-day life. Here is an easy casserole that will fit right in with those busy plans. It's a recipe that is easy to size up for bigger crowds. And it is a fix-it-and-forget-it meal (for a few hours anyway).
Chicken Club Casserole
Five ingredients -- layered in a casserole dish -- from bottom up:
5. Cooked rice. White rice is my favorite in this recipe, with wild rice a close second. I usually make about 1/2 cup rice for each serving.
4. Chipped beef. One package is more than enough for 4 servings.
3. Chicken breasts (boneless, halved or quartered). A half-chicken breast per serving.
2. Bacon. Applewood Smoked is my current favorite! One to two slices per serving.
1. Sour cream and mushroom soup, mixed. (I guess that makes it 6 ingredients, doesn't it!). For every 2 chicken breasts (four halves), use 1 pint sour cream & 1 can mushroom soup.
Pop this in the oven at 280-degrees for THREE hours.
What's for dinner at your house this weekend?