Deb here to share Five FREE (& possibly obscure) Things To Do in the Des Moines metro area this weekend.
5. Starting with the obscure: Worm races this afternoon at the Grimes Library! No kidding. But you have to make a reservation so pick up the phone and call. All the details here.
4. How about something practical? Metro Waste Authority is holding a hazardous waste drop-off at Valley Stadium on Saturday morning. Here is a list of the things you can and can't bring -- along with a map to the location.
3. Our list wouldn't be complete for this weekend if we didn't mention the FABULOUS Des Moines Art Festival. Click here for the hours (all weekend), location and details on lots of free shows.
2. As we enter a week of celebrating our nation's independence, here is a special way to remember our state's fallen heroes from the war on terror. Scheel's at Jordan Creek is the current site for a memorial sponsored by Bellevue University. Remembering Our Fallen is on display all weekend. More details here.
1. Finally cap off the weekend and get an early start to the 4th with music and fireworks. Sunday evening. Jordan Creek Amphitheater. All about it here.
What other fabulous free things are going on this weekend?